Introduction to Linux and Shell programming
Course Code: hsts-c19
Get Course Outline!
Linux is everywhere. It appears on a wide variety of hardware in many distinct architectures, from mainframes to servers to desktops to mobile.
In this course, we discuss the basics of working with the Linux command line using the Bash shell, various tools and techniques commonly used by Linux system administrators, practical Linux commands with examples. That helps you navigate through the file and folder structure, edit text, file testing, input parameter, pipelines, process substitution, and set permissions and also learn some of the standard command-line tools.
After you complete this course, you will understand the advanced concepts of the Linux operating system from both a graphical and command-line perspective, and various utilities allowing you to navigate through any of the major Linux distributions, and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
if you wish to learn more about IT career.
- The desire to learn Linux
- Any Linux distribution installed on your computer (even on a virtual machine)
- A basic understanding of various computer concepts will also be great.
Who this course is for
- Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux.
- People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command-line interface.
- Any existing Linux user that wants to use the Linux command-line efficiently.
- Aspiring Linux system administrators.
- Anyone interested in taking Linux certification exams and become a professional Linux developer
After finishing this course, you can take the following classes:
30 hours of hands-on training led by experienced instructors
Digital courseware and online course tracking
15 hours of project-based training plus 10 homework
Certificate of Completion for each course
Course Session Dates
In-person in DC for $1500 at 3165 Mt Pleasant St NW or online for $990
- Our courses are offered all year around. Upon registration we enroll you to the earliest available class but you can reschedule it free of charge.
In Person at our office or online
Online Monday-Friday: 11 am-5:30 pm EST
DC Monday-Friday: 9 am-3:30 pm EST
DC/Online Saturdays: 11 am-5:30 pm EST
DC/Online Sundays: 1 pm-7:30 pm EST
Private custom & project based training: your preference